16 févr. 2008

Mexico, mexiiiiicooooo !!

I didn't have the Internet that much in Mexico, so I couldn't keep you up to date with what was doing over there.

I spent 10 days altogether in Mexico, 4 days in Valle de Bravo, 3 days in Ixtapan de la Sal, then 3 more days in Valle again. I did a lot of paragliding (in tandem), some mountain biking and some shopping (a bit).

I must say, I liked the trip, but Mexico is a bit dirty, they still throw their cans through their car window when they are done. Of course, don't expect any recycling! And some of the cars are in so bad shape I'm wondering how it could still be working. Yes, it's a lot like New-Caledonia, I almost felt like home.

Except that they speak spanish. And a bit (ok, a lot) of English, which they learn at school. They know that the States is near and rich, so they really work their English.

Very religious, everytime they are driving or walking by a church, they are making the cross sign (not sure how to translate that one in English...). Everybody is at church on Sunday (except the sellers at the market), and when we were in Ixtapan it was the "Ashes Day", so people were actually lining up (for hours !!) to repent and get the ash cross on the forehead.

I was also lucky, the week-end we left was the 183th anniversary of Valle de Bravo. Festivities, dances, concerts were going on on the saturday night.

This picture is the main place of Valle de Bravo, with a nice kiosk like we have in Noumea. The (huge!) flag is up every Sunday.

I added the pictures on flickr, so you can see how fun it was !!

Aucun commentaire: