1 févr. 2008

My questa para Coco, en Mexico !

Eh oui, j'en ai eu marre de la neige canadienne, je suis done au Mexique pour dix jours. Today was Coco's Quest.

I arrived in Mexico city yesterday at 20h30, took the bus to go to Toluca. There a friend of a friend (ouh yah!!) of Coco was waiting for me at the bus stop, to drive me in the mountains where this girl is hiding (and paragliding). Umberto, my taxi driver, was there (ouf!) and the other 1h30 of driving went smooth, we talked all the way about sports and mountains.

A reservation was done by Coco for me at the hotel, so no worries at 1 in the morning to find a place to sleep, pfiouh ! I woke up at 11, a message was waiting for me at the reception. Another clue in my Coco's Quest!! The clue was giving me a phone number (if the network is working) and a place to meet, the landing zone, behind the Santa Maria Church, at 1pm.

Yeah right, and how am I supposed to find the church, that's my problem, but I had 2 hours to solve it out.
I started walking the wrong way, asked a guy before I got too lost, and understood only three words of his explanation in spanish. The plaza central, izquierda, caldera Santa Maria. Got to do with it, I don't like asking my way, so I'm not going to ask him twice to help me!

But, I made it all the way without asking twice. Ok, the fact that the church is actually a church, with two towers, helped me a lot. And the name of the streets on the walls. Went there, stayed there, for 3 hours, then decided to try to find a farmacia para comprar toothpaste, deodorant et du shampooing, so I left the LZ (Landing Zone) durante more or less 40 minutes. Come back, wait for another 4 hours, still no Coco. I tried to call her after 2 hours, left a voicemail, but still no Coco. The phone card was another quest by itself now that I am thinking of it...

The sun was setting down and the snack shop shutting down, et toujours pas de trace de Coco. Qui a dit que la Coco's Quest serait une partie de plaisir?? Je retourne au telephone public, and this time she answers the phone !! Yehaaaa we are almost there !!

Meeting is for 5 minutes later in the internet cafe and the paragliding HQ. I see Jim at the bar, pfiouuuuuuuh the Quest is almost over! Two miutes after Coco is walking on the street but doesn't see us. I run to catch her and end up my treasure quest!! I'm not homeless tonight and I've got my friends now !!

I also have a nice sunburn (already yeah), because of sitting in the sun for 6 hours. I'll put some pictures on flickr soon, but everything is ok, I'm alive in Valle De Bravo, Mexico !!

Aucun commentaire: