31 mars 2008

Mohawk style !

That's it !!
I shaved for the Balding for Dollars and for the BC kids with cancer !

I spent my saturday and sunday afternoons with a sandwich sign around my neck, to get people to support me, and give some money to the fundation.

I was in Pemberton saturday afternoon from 2 to 6pm, and people were very generous, especially one guy that gave me a one hundred bill !! I managed to raise 400$ in town, plus 200$ online. So 600$ are coming from Pemberton

On sunday, I was in Whistler, and I was hoping to make a lot more than in Pemberton, because Whistler is 10 times bigger than Pemberton! But no, I didn't make as much as expected. Almost everybody walking by was looking at my sign (curiosity is human's main characteristic) but not stopping.

I was amazed to see all these people walking by trying to hide the fact that they wanted to know what I was doing. And that's crazy the number of people buying booze on a sunday afternoon. I saw more than a few people walking with a bag "BC Liquor Store" full of expensive alcohol. Of course, alcohol deserves the expense, but not the kids with cancer (when you come to party, to don't want to know about fatal diseases I guess).

Anyway, as the nice lady in the Whistler Information booth told me, only a few locals from Whistler are in the mall on sundays afternoon, which might explain why I only raised a few dollars in Whistler.

The Balding for dollars Whistler event was taking place yesterday at GLC. When we showed up there, at 4pm, the bar was so busy that the bouncer didn't want to let us in when we arrived. We had to wait for a few minutes to be let in.

Then I had to sign-up, my shaving time was announced at 5pm. So we had to wait for an hour, enough time to try the chicken wings. I'll post about it in another post, I'm thinking about starting a comparison of all the chicken wings around here.

Then, shaving time: 5.15pm! Everything went good, the crowd was cheering on me (and my long hair).

The video is now online:

I decided to keep a mohawk, I always dreamt to have one, and I'm going to use it to scare the opponents off at the coming soccer tournament in Squamish :)



I wanted to thank you everybody that donated, and my nice barber, who did a great job !

Aucun commentaire: