17 mars 2008

Whistler Restos: 21 Steps

Yesterday night we ended up at 21 steps because it's one of the only restaurant which kitchen is still open after 10pm. Yes, we are late owls with Dave, and always think about eating after 9pm...

If you are like us, another resto open late is Ric's Mix, in the Glacier Lodge, which kitchen closes at 2am I believe.

We were hungry, I mean Dave was hungry, so we started by testing their two kind of chicken wings: Plum Chili and Smoked BBQ. Two thumbs up for the Plum Chili, which is less hot (spicy) than the BBQ -and I don't like spicy food, everybody knows it- and way tastier !!

Then I went for the big plate (almost the most expensive): the Lamb Chops. I love lamb, and it's not that common to see it on the menu, which decided me. Served with mashed potato (une bonne purée faite maison) and a few vegetables, this dish is worth the trip :)

Dave went for the Thaï Stir Fry Vegetables, and only had vegetables (it makes sense doesn't it?), which is why he ordered the extra chicken wings to fill his craving for meat (gnaaa).

We both finished our plates and it took me some efforts to succeed, meaning that the quantities are good :)

They also have a nice collection of Martinis (quelle idée d'appeler ça des Martinis! Des cocktails !!) so Dave had a cranberry/pineapple/vodka. All right, I'm not a vodka person, and the juices were not sweet enough to mask the strong taste. But he seemed to like it :D

The waitress was nice, even if it took the cook a while to make our dishes, despite the fact that we were the only one to eat. I don't know if they forgot us or just missed the first dish and started it over again...

Anyway, my vote: 4,2/5, because I can be hungry even after 10pm and it's nice to find a place to eat!!

Oh, and I forgot to say, but they have some very good music going on, even if it's recorded music, and not too loud, we could talk easily with Dave :)

Aucun commentaire: